24 May 2016

Rebirthing



I thought I knew who I was and then I got to know myself on another level.  There is such depth and mystery to my Self and I suspect I have even more to learn about myself yet.  Many times throughout my 20's and 30's, I felt as though I had no idea who I really was.  I had no idea back then what I did or didn't like, or what I did or didn't want.  I was so conditioned to do as I was told that I had almost stopped thinking for myself.  It was a horrid feeling to believe I had no power of any kind and I felt as united with that powerlessness as if I breathed it into my lungs.  In fact I did breathe it in, in the form of cigarettes, for decades.  

When I stopped smoking last August everything changed.  It was amazing because I became aware that I wanted abuse gone from my life for good, that I love myself too much now to let anyone abuse me again.  That's when I really knew that I was abusing myself through smoking and other modern drugs like sugar, chemicals and processed foods.  I'm not unintelligent, I knew these things were not good for me, I just suddenly saw with real certainty that I was abusing myself with them.  I knew then that it had to stop.  I knew then that if I stopped abusing me, no one else would be able to either.  As I took my stand against abuse, I became the change I wanted to see, just like my favourite Ghandi quote.

At+Onement 

#love #light #innerchild #soul #angels #mindfulness #gratitude #healing #trauma #depression #selflove #inspiration #quote #selfworth #inspiringquotes #spirit #ascension #awakening #raiseyourvibration #spiritualhealing #neuroscienceinaction

No comments:

Post a Comment