22 May 2016

Garden drew first blood



In the chakra garden yesterday my husband and I were trying to finish boxing off all the beds so we can pull down the hot pink string line we've been lurching and hopping over for the past month.  Like a scene from Entrapment (Sean Connery and Catherine Zeta-Jones), we've squirmed and gyrated through the laser-like strands to dig, hoe and cart supplies getting the beds prepared.  All the while still living life working, volunteering, meditating, eating, sleeping and attending classes.  Yesterday we were boxing off the 2nd last bed and the garden drew first blood - my husband hit his left thumb with the sledgehammer popping it open like a ripe piece of fruit dropped from a great height onto concrete.  I panicked for 1 nanosecond until I saw the incredulous look on his face and knew that a) it was serious and b) his own thinking brain had been shut off by his sympathetic nervous system as he was flooded with adrenalin and endogenous opioids to numb the excruciating pain.  I de-triggered and sought the first aid kit knowing full well it would be useless but trying not to panic either one of us even more.  Oops, no first aid kit handy, oh well band aids, clean paper towel and a bottle of water would have to do.

Once I sat and saw the carnage I knew I wasn't touching it, first aid training veteran or not, this injury needed experts and X-rays.  I told my husband that I was concerned about the pressure there must have been for the energy to burst his thumb open like that and it was not a normal hammer that he'd been using.  He said he needed a few minutes to recover before he stood up so I got ready and greeted the visitors who pulled up in our driveway right then, I'm sure they were angels keeping me occupied while my husband caught his breathe again.

10 minutes later we were on our way, covered in dust and grime and already turning the disaster into comedy hour between us as we drove to the nearest A&E 20 minutes up the road.  It was right on dinner time and thankfully we didn't have to wait long when we arrived.  Seen quickly, wound soaked, dr examined, sent for X-rays, cleaned again, glued, strapped and bandaged.  Home again in 2 hours with a bag of corn chips and my home made pumpkin hummus for dinner as it was too cold and late to either cook on the bbq or light the shower.  Still joking about it all but somber too, we were both asleep by 10.30 dreaming of how blessed we were that no bones or tendons were damaged and reflecting on the lessons learned.

I'll be finishing the garden beds today myself and taking off the laser-like string line while my husband gets the rest that he's earned from all his hard work and support of me.  I'm thanking my God today that my beloved is okay and was not more seriously injured.

At+Onement 

Http://jhundip.blogspot.com/

#love #light #innerchild #soul #angels #mindfulness #gratitude #healing #trauma #depression #selflove #inspiration #quote #selfworth #inspiringquotes #spirit #ascension #awakening #raiseyourvibration #spiritualhealing #neuroscienceinaction


No comments:

Post a Comment