13 May 2016

Earned Secure Attachment Is Real



I spent the day today with 8 amazing people while presenting a workshop on Robin Grilles theory of childhood development and wounding.  Even though it's well over 10 years since Robin wrote his incredibly insightful book 'Parenting For A Peaceful World' (Longueville Press, Sydney, Australia, 2005), the book is a timeless classic and is still so relevant and helpful for anyone trying to better understand themselves and/or the world at large.  (www.ouremotional-health.com) .  Grille's book helped me so much to heal the hate I once had for a world that appeared to me to allow abuse.  Once I read it, my heart opened with compassion and empathy for myself and therefore for everybody everywhere.  As we discussed today, combined with 'Growing Up Again' by Connie Dawson and Jean Ilsley Clarke, I found the deepest and healthiest level of healing I had ever imagined.  These two books were like almanacs for me, handbooks for healthy self-reparenting.  Combined with learning about Mary Maine's brilliant recognition that anyone with an insecure attachment style can gain 'Earned Secure Attachment', I have been able to heal from disoriented/disorganized attachment to earned secure attachment within 5 years.  That is an awesome effort and it feels wonderful to be able to finally believe positive thoughts that I once could not imagine even having.

It felt really good today to feel like I was helping others again by just being myself.  It also felt good to go over this information that I know so well and take it in from the level of self love and compassion I have now.  It gave me an opportunity to really acknowledge and thank myself for how far I've come and just how vital it is for me to keep trusting myself no matter what anyone else says or thinks.  I mean, now that I am practicing to remember soul mirrors and reflections it is about flipping things all the time for me.  With this in mind I can begin to look at how anyone who does criticise me is really only reflecting back what I think of myself and I can then choose to forgive us both and let it go.

Looking at how many layers I've now waded through, I'm very happy with where I'm at and I'm feeling very grateful for the 8 courageous people who helped me have such a special and validating day.

πŸ’›πŸ’›πŸ’›πŸ’›πŸ’›πŸ’›

At+Onement 

Http://jhundip.blogspot.com/

#love #light #innerchild #soul #angels #mindfulness #gratitude #healing #trauma #depression #selflove #inspiration #quote #selfworth #inspiringquotes #spirit #ascension #awakening #raiseyourvibration #spiritualhealing #neuroscienceinaction

No comments:

Post a Comment