5 Oct 2016

Pieces of Me


I never thought I would be able to feel as grateful for my life as I do now.  This past 18 months has blown me open in a way I still struggle to describe and it does still sometimes seem unreal.  Just when it feels like I'm at peace again, another bubble of un-peace rises up and I'm bobbing in the deep again.  At least now I don't go under, I just sputter and flail a bit until I remember it's not real anyway.  These illusions of pain are intriguing to me now, almost like watching a small child play.  I've had a pain in my body this week and am simply allowing it to be while I observe it from different directions.  Each time I focus attention on it, it disappears.  I learned I could do that about three years ago and it's been very empowering.  For years I tried to avoid and ignore pain and, just like a small child that is ignored, it clamoured for my attention.  Now I pay attention straight away and it just stops still when I do.

Ego IS a small child.  Like many people, I was once not very patient or adept with children.  It was my own children that taught me patience, love, determination, devotion, and so much more.  Through what I learned from them, I have been able to also learn to re-parent myself - in particular - my ego.  Attending to thoughts and feelings the same way as attending to a small child; getting to know the whole group of personality traits and acknowledge the pain without becoming it; building neural pathways for empathy and compassion towards myself - those things have been the most helpful.  Learning to recognise that whatever is within is also without has been so very useful and amazingly helpful.  Although it took me about 5 years to really embrace and it's still a work in progress, it has made everything so much more real and simple.

I was a group facilitator and came to see how much the tools that support a group can be applied within to thoughts and feelings too.  On the flip side, as I learned what worked within, I tried and found it could be applied without with equal success.  Inside I'm just a collection, a group trying to cohere, ego trying to grow up and outside, I see the reflections of my own perceptions in others.  I can use that to help myself or I can choose to react and feel hurt by 'them'.  Staying victim to my thoughts and feelings does not empower me, it hurts me more.  While I do need to empathise, attend and explore what is happening for me, I do not need to become that child.  I need to stay detached enough that I can help that child within me instead.  

In learning how to love that collection that is me, no matter what, I have transformed who I was before and am now 'parked' in love more often.  I've been able to re-examine every moment of my life so far and find something and someone to thank and be grateful for and it's a wonderful and empowering feeling.  I never knew forgiveness had so many levels and layers, nor did I know how truly miraculous it could be until I found it within myself.

https://www.facebook.com/RememberingUnity/posts/1100335790042454:0

RememberingUnity
fb.me/RememberingUnity
ॐ ॐ ॐॐ ॐ ॐ
lokah samasta sukhino bhavantu

#innerchild #mindfulness #life #inspiration #healing #followforfollow #awakening #light #selflove #raiseyourvibration #unity #spiritualgrowth #soul #gratitude #love  #mythoughts   #energy #livinglife #positivevibes #peaceonearth #remembering #worklifemyway #beingreal #beingtrue #ॐॐॐ
#weareallinthistogether #om #aum

No comments:

Post a Comment