5 Oct 2016

Inner Music


One of the most helpful things I found to build a secure relationship with my inner child was music.  Early on I created a cd with the favourite songs of each of my inner children.  Because I had more than one then, I was trying to work out how to spend equal time with them all and, as I had lots, I got creative.  I made an 'Inside/Outside' box.  The outside of the box had messages of love and hope and the inside was decorated to reflect my inner world.  On the underside of the lid on the box, paper depicted 1/2 daylight and 1/2 starry night complete with glow in the dark stars so it was never completely dark.  There was a picture of a lake glued onto one corner with pot pouri around to mimic shrubs at the lakes edge.  A campfire in another corner had footprints coming and going from it to represent a gathering place.  A tiny black plaster treasure chest sat in another corner to house the tiny baby within.  A purple and gold dragon and a pure white unicorn guarded the space.  The rest of the box contained small items chosen by each aspect of myself to represent them in this box-world.  A stick of incense lay under the shrubs so it always smelled nice.

Every morning when I woke up, I opened the lid of the box and said good morning.  Each evening I said goodnight and put the lid on before I went to bed.  I also took my box with me to my weekly counselling sessions to enhance the energy of the sessions.  My counsellor was fabulous with it and, I found putting the lid on the box at the end of each session helped to ground me quickly.

I also got each aspect their own stuffed toy so they/I felt like a real child and I created the cd with each ones favourite song on it.  I'd play the cd and sing the songs to them as a way of spending time together.  Some of the songs on the cd were:
* In My Arms -Plumb
* I Am -Jill Phillips
* 100,000 Angels -Bliss
* The Prayer -Hayley Westenra
* Truly, Madly, Deeply -Savage Garden
* Here I Am -Natalie Gauci
* Footprints In The Sand -Leona Lewis
* Believe -Dima Bilan
* Wind Beneath My Wings -Bette Midler
* Let Me Be Myself -Three Doors Down

I experienced immense healing during that time and was even able to study at a trauma healing centre, volunteer and complete a certificate IV while I did it.  I hope that whatever way you feel drawn to build a relationship with your inner child is the way that works for you.  Other people can offer suggestions but ultimately, only you can know the best way for you.  Learning to love the child inside is learning to love ourselves and it's an amazing gift of life.  I once had dozens in my inner family and now through love, I have one inner child - integration and healing.  It's possible and it's fantastic - believe in yourself cause you're worth it.

https://www.facebook.com/RememberingUnity/posts/1100898469986186:0

RememberingUnity
fb.me/RememberingUnity
ॐ ॐ ॐॐ ॐ ॐ
lokah samasta sukhino bhavantu

#innerchild #mindfulness #life #inspiration #healing #followforfollow #awakening #light #selflove #raiseyourvibration #unity #spiritualgrowth #soul #gratitude #love  #mythoughts   #energy #livinglife #positivevibes #peaceonearth #remembering #worklifemyway #beingreal #beingtrue #ॐॐॐ
#weareallinthistogether #om #aum

No comments:

Post a Comment