9 Oct 2016

More Peace


One of the ways I regularly choose to bring more peace into my life is to stop and reflect on the past simply to ask what it taught me.  This morning I am reflecting on the people from my past who made racist remarks around me and today I feel grateful to them.  According to neuroscience, in my early 20's my adult brain was still developing and there were many things I was totally unaware of.  When I heard people make racist comments I was horrified and mortified and I have to say, I judged them for it too.  Funnily enough I now believe that although I did not believe I was racist in any way, I was still judgmental and these people were reflecting that judgment back to me.  I didn't know that then but what they did for me was to cause me to pause.  I was so horrified at those kinds of remarks that I questioned myself.  I truly wanted to know if I was racist in any way so I could make whatever change I needed to and ensure that I was not.  These people who made those remarks helped me to stop and explore every time I heard them and change lots of little things about myself and for that I am grateful.

I have always believed that humanity is one tribe.  Race, gender, ethnicity has never been an issue for me but I did judge millions of other things about others and now I continually work on loving and accepting everything about myself as it stops me judging others to stop judging myself.  I once saw a thousand splinters in my heart but I missed the log that my own lack of self love had splintered into to cause that.  Now I'm sanding the log instead, allowing the splinters to work their own way out, in their own time.  

Big thank you to all those whose behaviours horrified me over time because you've been waking me up to myself.  Namaste.

https://www.facebook.com/RememberingUnity/posts/1104108109665222:0

RememberingUnity
fb.me/RememberingUnity
ॐ ॐ ॐॐ ॐ ॐ
lokah samasta sukhino bhavantu

#innerchild #mindfulness #life #inspiration #healing #peace #followforfollow #awakening #light #selflove #raiseyourvibration #unity #spiritualgrowth #soul #gratitude #love  #mythoughts   #energy #livinglife #positivevibes #peaceonearth #remembering #worklifemyway #beingreal #beingtrue #ॐॐॐ
#weareallinthistogether #om #aum

No comments:

Post a Comment