6 Dec 2016

Today I want to share my experience of a food angel with you.  Sharon Honson is a dietician in Cessnock, New South Wales, Australia.  I first began seeing her in late 2014 when my gp gave me a care plan as a 45+ obese woman with complex health issues.  I disliked dieticians back then because I had formed judgments around them that I told myself it was okay to have.  As I was still a bit unaware then of my own attitude towards my body and diet, I didn't know that I was drawing people to me that reflected my own lack of compassion and understanding for myself.  I blamed and judged them for mirroring what I needed to see on myself.  In stepped Sharon.  I thought I knew what I needed to about diet but I went along in order to discover if there were some things I could tweak.  My blood tests had shown my cholesterol was up and I was determined I was not going to begin medicating for it.  Armed with my usual mistrust and lofty attitude, I showed up ready to tell her how to help me and to my amazement she listened and agreed.  I'd never had that from a dietician before.  I'd grown used to either being firm or being silent and I'd never felt understood and heard before.  Again, I didn't know that now I'd changed my view of myself to a more loving one, I attracted more kindness to me.


In the two years since then I've seen her about 10 times.  When my free visits ran out, I paid to see her.  When I felt compelled to leave my beloved job, she held the space for me to break open without malice; when I found that I needed to remove all animal products, stimulants and sweeteners of any kind from my diet, she helped me explore my options; when I found I needed more natural drinks, she gave me nettles to make the tea I liked; when I beat up on myself for only eating tinned vegatables due to having no other option for months, she reminded me of how fabulously I was doing given my circumstances (no electricity); when I moved back into town and began creating incredible meals, she applauded me and asked for recipes and tips; I was treated with respect, dignity and compassion always and it was perfectly timed for me.


Sharon knows what she's doing.  She is smart, learned, lives her own philosophy and has a very big heart.  I cannot rate her highly enough as a human being and as a professional.  If you live anywhere near Cessnock and you need a dietician for ANY reason, please do yourself a favour and get in to see Sharon.  I may not see her again because my visits are now up and I'm moving next year but I will be staying in touch.  I'll still be sharing new recipes and recalling the food angel that held a space for me when I broke in two and learned to love my body again.


Sharon Honson

staticmap.png

 117-119 Vincent St

Cessnock, New South Wales 2325

Australia

0417 203 261


RememberingUnity

fb.me/RememberingUnity

ॐॐ

lokah samasta sukhino bhavantu


#innerchild #mindfulness #life #inspiration #healing #awakening #light #selflove #soul #unity #gratitude  #mythoughts #nutrition #livinglife #dietician #remembering #beingreal #food #beingtrue  #divinity #diet #healingtrauma #follow4follow #like4like  #instalike #instadaily #instafollow #spiritual #faith #faithful #TagsForLikes #god #grace #spirituality #trust #vegan #wisdom #compassion #thankful #knowledge #guidance #gf

No comments:

Post a Comment