8 Dec 2016

Faith


Faith is something I'm still strengthening.  Each moment for me is another opportunity to open my heart to more Love through faith: faith that life will hold me; faith that my belief in myself is solid; faith that Love is real; faith that my breath will sustain my body; faith that my legs will hold me up; faith that nature is the miracle I experience it as; faith that my heart will heal if it breaks.  It takes courage to have faith and it takes faith to have courage, even if it's unconscious faith.  I don't believe faith has to be about religion or even spirituality.  I think faith is about trust - trusting what I can't see, touch, taste or hear.  Faith for me is about trusting myself, trusting that what I believe is real  IS real for me.  When I have faith in others, I'm trusting my own beliefs.  When I trust that my legs will hold me up, I'm trusting my own beliefs.  When I trust that life will hold me, I can't see it, it's only my beliefs I'm trusting.  


My trust has changed with my faith.  The things I trust now are different to the things I trusted ten years ago or in my childhood.  My beliefs have changed since then as they should.  Even religion tells us to change our beliefs between childhood and adulthood.  Spirituality also requires that we expand (change) our beliefs to expand our consciousness.  As our beliefs change, so too does our faith.  For me it expands like the air that I breathe expands within my lungs.  Breathing in faith and breathing out faith keeps me totally grounded in this moment.  It takes faith in myself to give myself so fully to my breath and I had to practice as, like most people who experienced extreme and repeated trauma for decades, I shallow breathe a lot.  Even now, I need to focus to be mindful of my breathing.  Shallow breathing activates the adrenals which physically increases anxiety and I don't need that so I've been doing grounding exercises for the past five years that focus on the body and the breath.  I'm now practising pranayama thanks to Guru Shakti Durga here in Australia who knows the intricate balance required for a healthy, calm mind and body and teaches therapists to support healing in people of all ages for any reason that presents, whether physical, emotional, psychological, energetic or spiritual.


My level of faith changes daily from strength to strength and I love how I get to see the strength of it too.  I find that many opportunities arise for me to either believe I'm being tested, attacked or punished (like I used to believe) or to believe that it's just life proving to me that yes my faith is strong now, stronger than yesterday, stronger than last time I experienced something similar.  I accept now that there is no punishment from life, life just is and only my faith, my beliefs, make it anything other than what it is.  I'm choosing to believe it's the same with people now too.  I'm not a saint, I forget a lot of times but I have faith that this will become my 'set-point' one day.  I know that one day my instinctual brain will accept it if I practice it enough in myself, I have faith, I believe I can achieve it.  I'm excited, I feel blessed and I'm filled with peace and joy just thinking about being this me that I've always been underneath my old lack of faith.


I've supported many people now who are valiantly trying to heal from trauma, some of it horrendous.  What many don't realise when they set out to find relief is that their beliefs and core values will be challenged and, in order for healing to occur, this challenge must take place inside.  It's the maturation of the egoic self and it's rarely easy.  It's the reason we need support while healing, the reason we can't do it completely alone.  The road to healing is fraught with perils and support can make a huge difference.  Allowing our beliefs to be challenged within is the start of something wonderful but the ego resists with all its got at first and pushing through can be exhausting, terrifying, challenging and also incredible, amazing and oh so worth it.  I have pushed through many times now and literally fell through many others and without fail, on the other side of my pain and fear every single time has been joy.  As I learn more and more about who I am on every level, I become more aware of how valuable I am to myself and my life and just how important it has been for me to challenge my old beliefs and to have faith, in myself and in life.  What do you have faith in right now?


https://www.facebook.com/RememberingUnity/posts/1166322713443761:0


RememberingUnity

fb.me/RememberingUnity

ॐॐ

lokah samasta sukhino bhavantu


#innerchild #mindfulness #life #inspiration #healing #awakening #light #soul #unity #gratitude  #mythoughts #livinglife #faith #peaceonearth #remembering #beingreal  #divinity #thankful #healingtrauma #follow4follow #spiritual #god #grace #spirituality #trust #peace #calm #hope #destiny #wisdom #forgiveness #meditation #meditate #guidance

No comments:

Post a Comment