24 Dec 2016


Christmas is the time of year I like to reach into my heart and pluck out the jewels I've stored there over time; memories of influential experiences.  I like to ponder the rebirth of innocence that I can potentially deliver to myself in this gift of life.  Bearing the Christ-child back into my consciousness is such an honour and a blessing that it fills me with cheer any time I think about it and not just Christmas.  Tomorrow I will grant my precious Inner Child a whole day of delight: of love, family, presents and presence, joy, laughter, songs, sumptuous foods and National Lampoons Christmas Vacation, snuggles, hugs, kisses and rest.  More and more now, every day is Christmas Day for my beloved Inner Child receiving these gifts so regularly.  


So today as I cook up my first ever unsweetened, vegan Christmas food with wonder and delight at the incredible flavours and textures that nature has provided me, I will cast my mind with Love and gratitude to the biggest influences of my life: family, friends, colleagues, pets, homes, jobs, books, films, music, quotes, role models, past Christmases, and my own gifts given to others.  As part of preparing to let go of everything I am not taking with me into the new year, I start today gathering the beauty of my life closer to my heart so that when I let go of things, my heart is not achingly empty, because it doesn't need to be.


My gratitude goes first to my parents for being the vehicles of my birth and then to my Nanna & Granddad for their care, love and for the amazing Christmas atmosphere they created each year they were alive (my inlaws did this wonderfully too); to my brothers and sisters, nieces, nephews, in laws and cousins; my children, husband, friends, and others.  If I've met you, (even if only online) I love you.  If I haven't met you yet - I love you too - that's how I'm made.  Unconditional love does not require me to know you well, meet you, or even like you.  Love is love.


Today I give thanks in particular for Mrs Mum, a neighbour who is the worlds best cook and provided me with amazing tastes when I was growing up so that I knew what tasted really good.  I give thanks to my friend who dared to be vegan and took time out of her passionate insistence that the world join her cause to post a recipe on Facebook so I had somewhere to start.  I give thanks for the woman who insisted I blame everyone from my past for how I'm feeling and behaving now so I could come to experience how wrong it feels for me to be like that.  I give thanks today as every day for the gift of my incredible children who teach me so much about love and humility, and about unconditionality.  I give thanks for my husband who has brought the miracle of love alive to me and shows me in every moment how simply and easy loving truly can be, for allowing me to love him with complete abandon and freedom.  Most of all today, for the first Christmas ever, I give thanks for me; for my huge heart, amazing grace, imperturbable intent, diligence, determination, strength, courage and commitment.  I could not be as capable of as much love as I am, without the massive sacrifices and intuitions that I have allowed myself to have.  


Who or what have been the biggest influences for you?  Those people, places or things that have grown you in some way, opened your heart or mind more to love?  Who or what has lit your fire?  I invite you to join me here in the comments to share the love this Christmas and put a concentrated energy of love out into the world.  Merry Christmas.


RememberingUnity

fb.me/RememberingUnity

lokah samasta sukhino bhavantu


#innerchild #mindfulness #inspiration #healing #awakening #light #selflove #soul #unity #gratitude  #mythoughts #livinglife #love #remembering #beingreal  #divinity #gabriel #healingtrauma #follow4follow #spiritual #faith #faithful #god #grace #spirituality #trust #peace #hope #wisdom #compassion #forgiveness #thankful #knowledge #meditation #meditate #guidance

No comments:

Post a Comment