18 Sept 2016

Weekend Wisdom


Have you ever had a splinter or an ingrown toenail and it's got infected and is really, really painful?  You want to just dig it out but the pain of doing that is unbearable so you're forced to either hurt yourself or wait it out.  If you irritate it in any way it gets more inflamed and more painful and you cannot help but become more mindful of it because of the pain. 

In my experience, feelings work the same way.  Feelings are our body's internal warning system, one that many of us do not pay much attention to.  We are so dissociated from our physical self that we don't notice our bodies or our feelings.  Over time if we ignore our feelings for too long, they begin to behave like a splinter.  The brain starts to recognise them as foreign invaders and builds a defence (dissociation) against them.  Once the defence is solid it then begins attacking them.  As a splinter becomes all infected and gross, so too do our feelings or rather, the energy around the feelings (e-motion).  That trapped energy becomes infected too and starts to swell with the pus of decay just like a splinter would.  That's the body's way of expelling the invader.  

However if I accept that I have the wound, don't dig at it, nurture it and tend to it lovingly, it clears up eventually in its own.  Feelings work this way too.  If my feelings are hurt, if I feel angry or afraid or anxious about something, I can recognise and accept that I have that feeling.  I can focus my attention on it for a moment and observe it.  I can notice where the energy of it is within my body, what that energy feels like, looks like.  I can engage as many senses as I like in this exploration and just pay attention to this energy before asking it what it needs from me and breathing it out through that part of my body.  No matter how old that energy is, I can still do it.  No matter how huge or big it feels to do it, I still can.  All of my thoughts and feelings are just energy and it's my choice if I want to release that energy or carry it around and let it fester within me until the pressure is so great it bursts out of me in some way, just like the pus around a splinter or ingrown toenail.

Our bodies have incredible systems in place to heal us from any situation and the more we tune in, the more miracles we are capable of.

https://www.facebook.com/RememberingUnity/posts/1086536484755718:0

RememberingUnity
fb.me/RememberingUnity
ॐ ॐ ॐॐ ॐ ॐ
lokah samasta sukhino bhavantu

#innerchild #mindfulness #life #inspiration #healing #followforfollow #awakening #light #selflove #raiseyourvibration #unity #spiritualgrowth #soul #gratitude #love  #mythoughts   #energy #livinglife #positivevibes #peaceonearth #remembering #worklifemyway #beingreal #beingtrue #ॐॐॐ
#weareallinthistogether #om #aum

No comments:

Post a Comment