6 Sept 2016

Parenting for a Peaceful World



Today I'm feeling very grateful to all the haters; the gossips; the ranters; the screamers; the fools; the blamers; the judgers; the accusers; the abusers; the preachers; the teachers; the beseechers and the leeches.  Today I feel grateful to each of them for reflecting back to me what I have projected onto the world.  I have been all of that and more at some moment and sometimes I have been all of that in the same moment!  It is not for me to judge anyone else for the gift of their presence.  I know that they have all blessed me with clearer sight.  The illusion of ego is falling away to reveal the splendiferous beauty of Divine truth before me and within me and Remembering Unity is becoming easier for me by the day.

This morning I felt called to share about one of my favourite books and as the thought flew out of my busy morning-mind again, a friend sent a comment in Facebook to which I replied with the name of that book.  When things like that happen to me I take it as a sign to follow my intuition, like it adds ballast for my attention to weigh into.  The book I refer to is called Parenting For A Peaceful World by Robin Grille in Sydney Australia.  I first read it about 2008 for a course I was doing and although I can read books easily and fast (sometimes 2 or 3 in a day), I struggled with this one for weeks.  I was massively 'triggered' again and again as I read it.  I had to tell myself that I would just read for ten minutes and then put it down and come back to it later.  Unlike most people, I am not afraid of triggers and in fact, I welcome them now.  I know that triggers are just my brain firing in new ways - my awareness expanding and the cognitive dissonance that results from that expansion.  Triggers are simply me 'waking up.'  Reading Grilles book not only woke me up, it changed my whole world view and created within me a space for empathy, compassion, love and understanding.  Once I read his book I could no longer hold onto hate that I had for the people who I believed back then had destroyed my life.  I could no longer hate the world that I believed had allowed me to suffer.  I could no longer hate.  Instead I wept for a species that had not had the knowledge I wished it had.  I now found hope for our world and everyone in it.  I now let go of the hate and began loving everyone I could, sending the energy of love even to strangers I passed in the street.  I spoke of the book to most of the people I met and encouraged them to read it too.

Robin Grilles book will be a favourite of mine for a very long time.  I have read it 3x; written a 2500 word book review on it; taught classes on it and I still recommend it, particularly for people who have experienced childhood trauma or people who are learning to reparent their own Inner Child.  We live in a world that contains a lot of blame and fear and right now, as the Light expands our horizons, the shadows are looming large creating hazards and traps where we can easily fall into forgetting again.  Grille's book can help to remember that every person is fighting some kind of battle of their own.  Not everyone had the same chances I've had.  Not everyone has access to the same things I do.  Not everyone lives the way I do, or feels the way I do, or learns the way I do.  Grille's book helped me to grow up and see what is really there, in others and in myself.  It helped me to begin the long, hard journey of forgiveness and acceptance.

The first half of his book is a history of child-rearing as a species.  Around the globe since our physical evolution began, we have collectively treated our offspring in ways that either worked or did not and we've actually learned from it all too.  The complete lack of consciousness that prehistoric humans seemed to experience employed an infanticidal parenting approach which, due to their level of awareness could not have been expected to be otherwise.  Palaeontology and Archeology feature prominently in Grille's book to support his claims.  As my hope grew in seeing that as barbarically as our species has treated it's most innocent citizens for centuries, I came to the 2nd half of the book where Grille explores the affects of these parenting styles on the developing child and what it might mean for the child and for humanity.  I found here that I knew exactly which part of myself I needed to nurture most and my own healing took off at light speed when I did.

I can't rate Grilles book highly enough for those of us who want to live in a peaceful world.  You could use it to parent your children but more importantly I believe is its ability to help us re-parent ourselves.  We need books like this and, combined with "Growing Up Again" by Jean Ilsley Clark and Connie Dawson (another fave of mine - a handbook for how to parent or reparent). re-birthing ourselves in purity and innocence is not out of reach.  In fact it is possible and very very worth it.  If you can find a copy of these books, do yourself a favour and read them but remember, your neurons are going to be firing and rewiring as you do so your going to be triggered and you may need to be gentle with yourself.  It's graphic and honest and sometimes we can think we're ready for that level of honesty before we really are.  Trust your gut in this one, I hope it helps you as much as it helped me.

https://www.facebook.com/RememberingUnity/posts/1077022849040415:0

RememberingUnity
fb.me/RememberingUnity
ॐ ॐ ॐॐ ॐ ॐ
lokah samasta sukhino bhavantu

#innerchild #mindfulness #life #inspiration #healing #followforfollow #awakening #light #selflove #raiseyourvibration #unity #spiritualgrowth #soul #gratitude #love  #mythoughts   #energy #livinglife #positivevibes #peaceonearth #remembering #worklifemyway #beingreal #beingtrue #ॐॐॐ
#weareallinthistogether #om #aum

No comments:

Post a Comment