21 Aug 2016

Inner Child


Every morning I awaken with one thought in my mind: "I love you."

My Inner Child calls out to me from my heart with joy and devotion and as I wipe the sleep from my eyes I heartily call back in silence - "I love you."  A huge grin softens my face as the pink softness of golden love opens my heart, warming my entire being and showering my mind with peace.  I lay and bask, holding the thought and the energy as the day begins to unfold around me.  Birds twittering in the treetops outside send excited messages of wonder and delight, ensuring their babies and neighbours have all that they need; kangaroos perch quietly on strong, slender tails as they contentedly munch on their breakfast of fresh, succulent, young grass shoots; aromas and scents waft across the air like wraiths from nature awakening her senses too, alerting me to the tantalising vista of life playing outside my window; the sun climbs ever higher through the sky hoping to entice playmates to come outdoors and play in the warming glow of life;  tiny pangs of hunger and dainty prickles of thirst begin to cavort within my mouth as I stretch, smile, drop my legs over the edge of the bed, slide my feet into waiting slippers and wrap myself into an unbelievable fluffy robe.  I gaze down fondly at my husband who still sleeps peacefully beside my pillow, wishing him peaceful dreams on his only day of rest.  Making my way outside to begin my daily ablutions, my Inner Child gleefully sings a song in my head.

It's like that every morning now.  Almost like a fairytale inside.  I realised about 7 years ago that if I want to have a life filled with joy, I needed to commit to loving my Inner Child - my Self.  I began meeting my Inner Child every morning and checking in:"Good morning, I love you."  Over time, as I grew to know myself and accept everything about myself that I was able to, I became to realise that there were many elements that made up me and that my sense of self - my ego was multifaceted, that I had not just one Inner Child as I understood it but a whole Inner Family.  I'm not going to go into that any further today but now, in this moment I have one Inner Child who is an integrated part of me containing all of those facets and more - I am multifaceted and there is not one thing about myself that I am not prepared to love and accept, not one.  I do miss the 'team meetings' that I used to have with myself each day but.....my Inner Child is so alive within my being and glowing so brightly in my heart that I'm also glad I have the chance to hold her as an 'only child' and lavish all my love on me.  I've been working for a long time to chip away at all of the things I once thought kept me separate from God but I know now that nothing can keep me separate except my perception.

Today I greet my Inner Child with arms wide open just as she greets life from within my heart.  I head out into the world with a spring in my step, love in my heart, innocence in my eyes and curiosity in my mind.  The only thing that matters right now is being.  This moment is but a breath and I choose to become one with my breath.  My Inner Child is content and nestled deep in my being so together we breathe in the glory of this moment and breathe out everything else.

May your day be all that you choose for it to be too.

ॐ ॐ ॐॐ ॐ ॐ

RememberingUnity
fb.me/RememberingUnity

lokah samasta sukhino bhavantu

#innerchild #mindfulness #life #inspiration #vibration #healing #followforfollow #awakening #light #selflove #raiseyourvibration #unity #spiritualgrowth #soul #gratitude #love  #mythoughts   #energy #livinglife #positivevibes #peaceonearth #remembering #beingreal #beingtrue #ॐॐॐ
#weareallinthistogether #om #aum

No comments:

Post a Comment