15 Aug 2016

Boo yah!!



I'm filled with excitement after meditating cross-legged yesterday for the first time.  I've been yearning to try it but been too afraid.  At the age of 7 I used to cross my legs and walk around the room on my knees.  I loved doing it and could do it for ages, it became my favourite exercise for a while.  Be the age of 9 I found it difficult to cross my legs at all and by 15, I could not do it anymore.  In my 20's I found my knees starting to stiffen and by 35, I could almost bend my knees at all.  Drs told me at 37 robot walk up and down stairs or hills anymore as the arthritis in my knees would become worse.  I as barred from exercising outside of water and no treadmill, bike or winning strokes allowed because my back also was broken and would no longer bend.  I was miserable and so did hydrotherapy for 5 years but then I decided to.........dance.

Not dance classes, not aerobics, not even aquarobics.  I danced to Nutbush City Limits.  I danced one song every 2nd or 3rd week and then I took painkillers and slept for an hour.  I gave myself permission to play and dance as a child would and I came to enjoy it.  Last year I started formal meditation and realised I've been performing yoga for decades, I use didn't know that is what I was doing.  Bhakti yoga is huge in my life and always will be.  

Anyway, I can now meditate cross-legged for 40 minutes and, while I will work up to doing that daily, I feel really excited, blessed, grateful and proud that I've reversed all that supposedly irreversible and fatal health problems in the past 10 years.  I know and believe that prayer, mantra, devotion and belief has helped as much as self-love has.  I've gone from being rigid, reactive, inflexible and taking maximum dosage of codeine based painkillers every single day 12 years ago  to sitting cross-legged for almost an hour, walking okay afterwards and needing no painkillers or drugs of any kind fir the past 10 months.  I knew I could do it if I believed I could but proving it is an unbeatable feeling.

I pray that you find a belief in yourself to heal any pain you have, no matter what someone else tells you.

https://www.facebook.com/RememberingUnity/posts/1059499480792752:0

RememberingUnity
fb.me/RememberingUnity

lokah samasta sukhino bhavantu

#innerchild #mindfulness #prayer #inspiration #quote #vibration #inspiringquotes #followforfollow #ascension #awakening #light #selflove #raiseyourvibration #unity #spiritualhealing #soul #gratitude #neuroscienceinaction #love #unityconsciousness #life #healing #tothineownselfbetrue #positivevibes #mythoughts #energy #peaceonearth #remembering

No comments:

Post a Comment