30 Aug 2016

Be Yourself



Among the famous people I feel inspired by are Mother Theresa, Mahatma Ghandi, Dalai Lama, Jesus, Martin Luther King, Nelson Mandela and Bhudda.  I am actually inspired now by every single person I have ever met but I will use these few to demonstrate why I'm inspired so much by people.  Put simply, whatever faults they may have, these names are examples of people who were or are, unashamedly themselves in my opinion.  Perhaps they were loved by thousands, millions even.  They were also all hated by many but neither love nor hate made them change who they were at the end.  Like me and most of us, I'm sure the opinions of others made a big difference to them at times but overall, they were who they were and they just lived their own life, albeit in a giant spotlight.

I too aspire to live my life as myself.  I have spent so much time caring what other people might think.  I cared too much how upset other people might get if I was my true self.  This is the privilege of youth, this is the curds of growth that need churning to grow.  Now I know that no matter what someone else thinks, says, does, believes or decrees, I am who I am.  If I do not fit, it is time to let go.  There are fighters in this world and I believe they're needed.  Without their fire there would be no change, no creation, no impetus for change.  Life would stagnate and as a species we would undoubtedly implode.  I am not one of those kinds of fighters and, although I have felt pressured to be many times before, I do not have to be.  I am me and my fight is different.  I accept that about myself and I know that it is okay to be me.  Never again will I apologise for being who I was created to be.  No more will I try to make myself something I'm not to impress anyone else or to placate anyone else.  Take me or leave me, I accept me and that's all that matters now.

I take my hat off to all of the people in this world who are just out here being themselves with grace, courage, determination, love or simply with humility.  No matter how you or the world judges you, I admire and respect you.  That is unconditional too and I hope it reaches your heart as you have reached mine. Thank you for being you.

https://www.facebook.com/RememberingUnity/posts/1071144632961570:0

RememberingUnity
fb.me/RememberingUnity
ॐ ॐ ॐॐ ॐ ॐ
lokah samasta sukhino bhavantu

#innerchild #mindfulness #life #inspiration #vibration #healing #followforfollow #awakening #light #selflove #raiseyourvibration #unity #spiritualgrowth #soul #gratitude #love  #mythoughts   #energy #livinglife #positivevibes #peaceonearth #remembering #worklifemyway #beingreal #beingtrue #ॐॐॐ
#weareallinthistogether #om #aum

No comments:

Post a Comment