7 Apr 2016

Rebellion


Eric Berne created Transactional Analysis.   His idea of the 'adapted' inner child who rebels against the feelings we have can be helpful insight for those of us who are trying to be more authentic and happy.

If the child in me feels wounded, then I will adapt and automatically find some behaviour that stops me feeling the feeling.  This is the rebellion, this is the 'mal-adaption' that creates pathways to addictions, anti-social, hurtful and inauthentic behaviours.  

Awareness is the first step as awareness creates the platform for choice.  If I am unaware, then what is there to choose?  Once I become aware I can then choose to change or not.  The simplest way to quiet my rebellion is to acknowledge the feelings and feel the energy (emotions) of them in my body and then allow myself to have some innocent fun: play on the swings, dance, sing, romp, do cartwheels, make sand castles, draw, paint, laugh.  Let the glorious wonder child have a turn and allow the feelings to simply be, ebbing and flowing with no judgment.

Ah, the wonder of being real and alive.

xxjxx

No comments:

Post a Comment