22 Apr 2016

My Inner Child 'journey'

I first heard of the concept of the Inner Child in early 2005 from a really great counsellor whim I ended up seeing 5 days a week for 2 years.  I did not understand at all what this Inner Child was it could be for the entire 2 years even though I wanted to.  I settled for believing it was just my memory of me as a child and healed what I could as best I could with the counsellors help.  Sadly though. I couldn't really connect with this 'child', the best I managed was to feel sad that she had been so alone for so long and so miserably sad.  Every memory I had of me as a child, I was crying.  Then I went to a healing program at Heal For Life Foundation in the Hunter Valley in NSW, Australia and I've never looked back!  In the first 5 days I spent there, not only did I make a life-long commitment and connection to my gorgeous Inner Child, I also learned how to parent her.  I ended up spending 10 years there learning all I could and walking alongside others as trey learned too.  It was the most amazing experience I've ever had and I cannot thank them enough for the opportunities I had there.  

For the past 9 months I have taken my re-parenting of myself to a whole new level and devoted all of my time to my inner child, allowing her to live the moments of childhood that were not experienced when I was physically a child.  By doing this, I have found a deep well of unconditional self love inside that is sustaining me through the surfacing of incredibly painful memories that are arising day after day, continuously bubbling up for acknowledgment and closure.  Because of the decade I have spent loving my amazing Inner Child and all of the aspects of myself that she has revealed to me in that time (including the shadows), I am churning through this as of turning straw to gold.  Tonight I begin a retreat to 'Reboot Your Inner Parent at Shanti Missions Abode of Peace in Cooranbong, NSW and I am feeling very excited and grateful for more opportunities to learn how to love my self unconditionally, exactly as I am right now.  Life is such an incredible journey for me after all.

At+Onement 

#love #light #innerchild #soul #angels #mindfulness #gratitude #healing #trauma #depression #selflove #inspiration #quote #inspiringquotes #spirit #ascension #awakening #raiseyourvibtation #spiritualhealing

No comments:

Post a Comment