9 Nov 2016

May God Bless America


May God bless America and all the rest of us too.  Weeks ago I wrote about how I believe Donald Trump is merely a mirror for the ‘Shadow’ in us all right now.  I don’t believe that Mr Trump is any less a child of God than I am, nor is anybody else.  I do believe that were I to judge him so, I would be saying more about myself than him.  While the emotions are running high today, I truly hope that those who see this election result as a tragedy will come to see it differently in time.  Even if not possible, perhaps we the people of this world can begin to see the metaphorical realities amongst these events and use them to work more on embracing our own ‘shadow’ selves.  I lived many years believing that I had no ‘shadow’ and everyone else was at fault for my perception of the world.  I told myself that others were to blame for how I felt and yet, I know now that I was wrong.  It has taken over a decade of intense inner work and owning the brutal truth arising from that exploration and excavation of my own beliefs and values to wake me up to the beauty that really fills and surrounds me in this world.  

Metaphorically, I am unsurprised that Mr Trump has won this election because although the Divine Mother is closer to being embraced than She has been for a very long time, many are yet unready to surrender to the feminine energy that She brings.  As a reflection of the country they represent both Hilary and Donald are very translucent to me as the Divine Masculine and the Divine Feminine.  Even with the ideologies they each have that have polarized the planet for so long, each also has a balanced energy that resembles the homeostasis of our own bodies if we are able to view them dispassionately.  I doubt that is possible for many just yet but one day, perhaps not in the too far distant future, the world will recognise what has just happened for what it may truly be – the Divine Play unfolding around us as it is unfolding within us.  Whatever faults we may perceive in Donald Trump OR Hilary Clinton, they have raised the consciousness of the masses in a way nothing else has since 2001 and that is very definitely something that needed to happen.  We are awakening and the challenge now is to awaken to Love if we can, to fill our own hearts with Love and shine it out onto the world.  We’re all capable of it, as evidenced during natural disasters like Hurricane Katrina; at the worldwide funerals of Princess Diana, Nelson Mandela, Mother Theresa; and the utter devastation of 9/11.  

Is it really time to own and embrace our own shadows, to stop projecting them onto the world and hating the world or despairing for what we see reflected back to us?  For me it is.  I have been working to do that for myself and I knew this day was coming.  Perhaps the ‘shadow’ will loom much larger yet before the world awakens properly and wipes the sleep from it’s eyes.  Perhaps the world will sleep a little longer and call on a bigger, more obvious ‘shadow’ to appear before we see it as it is.  I hope this day is the day.  I pray today that Love and Light fills us all and opens our eyes, ears, hearts and minds to the possibilities that may present because a democratic majority chose to love themselves more than ever before and choose to create change.  For myself, I refuse to fall into judgment, hatred, fear or anything unloving as I aim to hold the energy of real Unconditional Love in my world with all that I am.  Regardless of the beliefs, values, perceptions or opinions that I have, I do congratulate everyone in the USA today for the courage, honour, integrity and hope that this result demonstrates you have.  Regardless of what I think or write – you have stood proudly for what your heart tells you is important and that is the place everyone in a democracy votes from – our hearts.  Hold your head high America and look within for the answers you now seek, for you will find those answers also in your big, brave hearts.  

May God bless America, and may Lady Liberty shine bright.

Remembering Unity
lokah samastah sukhino bhavantu

#2016election #rememberingunity #loveandlight #mirrorsandshadows #lovingtheshadow

No comments:

Post a Comment