7 Jul 2016

Ego and unity



I'm really embracing the idea that "ego is not a dirty word" as Skyhooks sang in the 70's and I wrote about a few weeks ago.  My perception of ego is now at the place where I can believe it is just fear and I have needed that fear to help me be safe in life.  It's ego that has helped me to become an "I" in this world; given me an identity that my limited consciousness can relate to (even though fearfully for the most part before); allowed me to strive and grasp for something better; engulfed me in the blackest unconsciousness that love can be buried in so that I could find the light at all; motivated me through all manner of perceived defeats; shut down my thoughts, feelings and actions when they would have been fatal to me or someone else; compartmentalised itself into manageable pieces for me; fought for me and with me; saved my life repeatedly and, introduced me to my Soul.  Ego is as much a part of my Soul as God is and as You are.

There are so many cautions around ego in this world and for good reason: our perception of ego is as individual as we each are.  For some people ego is all there is and for others ego is to be eradicated completely - I believe that neither is wrong.  For me ego serves its purpose in a divine way and all I need to know now is how to love ego unconditionally.

One of my favourite inspirational readings is called "Start With Yourself": http://www.inspirationpeak.com/cgi-bin/stories.cgi?record=118

It took me almost 40 years to learn that if I don't like my world, I can change it but only by changing myself.  I'm able to see now that everything in my world is a mirror and use it to help myself wake up from ego's dream.  I do love my ego now and appreciate all its done for me.  I also want to be love and I know that ego needs help with that.  Soul is that help and in loving me, I love you too because we are one and the same energy.  

Ego would have me believe that we are different and can't be one but Soul knows better.  Soul and ego are merely energy and both have a divine purpose.  My gift is to respect that and love that and work with Soul to calm ego so they can both contribute equally.  In the centre of that space is my bliss and my joy.  This is the void where laughter rings freely; where love reigns and fear ceases to exist; where dreams are made and everything is natural and understood.  This is where we are all one, united and unified.  This is where no harm happens, no war is needed, no fear is evident and no truth can hide for it has no thing to hide from. This is the truth of light and it's where it begins.

I am grateful to my ego and my Soul for giving me such amazing lessons to learn from and for accompanying me on the journey of a lifetime - this lifetime.

Namaste💜💜

At+Onement 

#followforfollow #love #light #innerchild #soul #angels #mindfulness #gratitude #healing #healingtrauma #healingdepression #selflove #inspiration #quote #selfworth #igdaily #life #fun #inspiringquotes #spirit #ascension #awakening #baby #raiseyourvibration #spiritualhealing #neuroscienceinaction #photooftheday

No comments:

Post a Comment