24 Jun 2016

Soul reflections



It never ceases to amaze me how quickly my prayers get answered now that I believe they will be answered.  Just two days ago I prayed that I would like to hear from some of my friends again.  Although isolation does not support healing the neural pathways in the brain, solitude does in healthy doses.  I have been in solitude for some time, actively growing and healing, expanding into more love than I was previously able to comprehend.  I have ensured that I did not isolate through this period by volunteering and meeting new people, making new friends and attending workshops that interest me.  I've missed my friends and am hopeful that the time is right to begin reconnecting so I offered a prayer about it.  Imagine my delight when I got a text message yesterday from one friend I had not heard from at all in two years! Then I got another message from another friend to please ring them!  We had a fabulous chat and a great laugh and I found myself wondering if I've ever had such a relaxed conversation on the phone in my life.

All of my prayers get answered that fast now and I still feel amazed by it sometimes.  I remember when I had very hostile and reactive views about anything to do with faith, beliefs, God, religion and spirituality in general.  I was so lost and shut down that my heart and mind just wouldn't open to any of that.  Now that I've learned who I am at my core, I feel very safe with all of it.  I used to judge, fear or hate all religion and most people but now, even though I don't choose a particular religion and have tailored a multi-faith belief system for myself based on my own souls needs, I rejoice that religion exists and does help so many people.  Regardless of the harm that history has shown to have been caused, religion has and still does, help billions of people every day.

In exploring soul reflections and mirrors over the past few years, I have looked at how my soul is reflected back at me from my external world.  The people around me reflect back to me everything I am and the things I react to in anxiety, fear or anger are the things I have disowned in myself.  The things I react positively to are the things in myself I own and accept.  This works with people I don't know too, like Donald Trump and, it works with groups and organizations, religion, media, nature and all things really.

When I hated and feared religion, all I heard, saw and experienced about religion reflected back that fear and hatred.  Now that I have let go of my judgments, embraced peace, and learned to love my spiritual self unconditionally, I am experiencing and understanding why so many people find so much bliss and devotion in their chosen faith.  Even on a global scale, I see now that religion has reflected where society itself is at throughout history.  In the dark ages for example, hearts were dark and religion was too.  I recall living through my own 'dark age' and only seeing darkness around me.  None of the people around me changed when I entered my 'dark age', what I saw changed, my perception of my reality changed, nothing else.  When I emerged from my dark age, my perception began to change too.  That's how this works.

I rarely listen to or watch media anymore just because I don't feel I need to and I have very limited access to it anyway.  The past few months I've noticed a lot of commentary on Donald Trump and it got me thinking of how soul reflections applies, if at all.  I realised that Donald Trump is a gift too.  Although his stance on everything is something I do not support or even give space in my mind to, I see the same stance in a lot of people.  Stepping back from any reactions, I can look objectively at it and see him as a huge mirror reflecting back many things to a massive number of people.  His reflecting is having a very polarizing affect and waking a lot of people up.  While I could feel angry, sad, afraid, resentful, attacking or attacked about Donald Trump, I feel grateful that anything has come along to help so many people wake up more to what they do want their world to be. Mr Trump showed people the type of politics they don't want, the kind of world they don't want, and the darkness in themselves they don't want to own or see.  He gave them a reflective surface to project that darkness onto.  At a soul level, he is providing a service to humanity.  Regardless of his methods, I see the gift that Mr Trump has brought to me because if I react to him, I can ask myself how I am like that too and then heal it in myself.  I don't need him to be anything for me to be and feel okay.  I see religion this way too now, a giant reflective surface for people to see their own light and darkness in so that there is a way to wake up and find their way from the head to the heart again.

I didn't just wake up one day thinking like this, it took years of reflection, practice and determination.  I am love and love is not about judging, hating, expecting, applying conditional acceptance or limiting.  Love for me is about light, freedom, unconditional positive regard and non-judgment.  I don't personally know Donald Trump and I don't need to.  All I need from him or anyone else is to see my own reactions to them so I can see my own darkness and love that into the light.  Each time I do, I find more love for them too, not excuses for their behaviour, just love without modifiers.  I also don't need to join every religion to allow it to reflect the light or darkness for me, my own reactions will reveal all and I can let go of blaming the perceived protagonist and love my ego instead so it can stop projecting itself onto my world.  I guess if I want to hate now, I'll need to do it in another lifetime because this one is for loving.  It feels so good to be me these days and to be able to be grateful for things like Donald Trump and religion.

Another prayer answered.  I often pray that my mind, ears, eyes and heart be open to love, that they never be closed again to love.  Wish granted.

At+Onement 

#followforfollow #love #light #innerchild #soul #angels #mindfulness #gratitude #healing #healingtrauma #healingdepression #selflove #inspiration #quote #selfworth #igdaily #life #fun #inspiringquotes #spirit #ascension #awakening #baby #raiseyourvibration #spiritualhealing #neuroscienceinaction #photooftheday

No comments:

Post a Comment