13 Jun 2016

Orlando


Today I'm reflecting, as most of the world is, on the horror in #Orlando It's not an isolated incident, more and more of these tragedies happen every day on this #planet and many people wonder why and how.  I know the biggest help that I can be is to reflect on my own thoughts, feelings and behaviours as this all unfolds around the media and Internet.  I can ask myself, and I am, if I want to contribute to it with #love or with hate.  

It would have been so easy for me once to judge, blame and hate over a tragedy like this and all that ever did was fan the flames.  Now that I know that every thought and action of my own fans the flames of the world that I am one with, I am consciously being #mindful of my own thoughts, feelings and words.  Of course I feel horrified, aghast, sad and even angry that senseless atrocities like this can happen but, my feelings are my own to work through.  As I know nothing about the person who felt so driven to hurt, maim and kill other human beings, I will not judge him.  I am instead sending waves of love to all of the tortured souls still left in this world who become so void of love that this kind of #behaviour even seems like an option.

Violence is not some sudden, instantly combustible action, it festers, simmers and boils beneath the surface.  Violence is fed by hateful, angry, unsolicited and judgmental comments from those of us who struggle to manage the intensity of our own #feelings, someone like I used to be myself.

My deepest #wish for this #world #today is that millions of people will sit in the #silence with the love in their own #hearts and then speak that, write that, post that on social media.  Love can #unite this world and #heal the agony that tragedies like this invoke but it is only those of us who feel the horror of it, those of us left behind, who can go forward in love. Love from us is how we can stop it happening again and again.  Let's send the message to all of those who mistakenly think that violence of any kind is an answer to a problem by putting our love out into the world today.  Let's show the grieving families and friends, and those recovering from injuries that we will not feed the violence ourselves but will #honour this with a new #commitment to creating #peace in our world now.  That's what I want my #legacy to be so I am reflecting on this today.

#At+Onement 

#love #peace #healing #awakeningtopeace

No comments:

Post a Comment