2 Mar 2016



Last night I was treated to a delicious, vegan, Thai green curry with lots of love poured into it.  I've never tried that before and when I did, it was delicious!  I even had a second serving.  Many thanks for getting the opportunity to eat that just once in my life, another simple and exquisite treasure to add to my bucket list and cross off.

I don't usually eat curry because historically my body has rejected it.  Last night I realised why.  My poor body lived for decades with the sympathetic nervous system in hyperdrive.  With the SNS activated, the immune system is suppressed causing it to 'heat up' ready to fight off any internal threat.  If the SNS is elevated for too long, the Parasympathetic Nervous System kicks in to slow it all down and 'cool off'.  Digestion is possible in a parasympathetic state only.  Last night after eating the delicious meal I began to itch.  For the past 8 months I have been undergoing a physical, emotional, psychological and spiritual transformation and my core body temp has risen.  I took antihistamine through the worst of it to help my body adjust.  I have removed all 'heat' that I can from my environment including toxins, stimulants, pharmaceuticals, stress, and food items like coffee, sugar, and animal products.  This has all eased the symptoms greatly and, for the most part, the extra heat is there all the time virtually allowed to just be while my body adjusts to it.  I've also learned some scientifically proven ways to expel the heat like movement, mantras, stretches, dancing, singing, meditation and prayer.  Because I'm at a peaceful and accepting place with this heat now, I knew within an hour what had inflamed my itch and I took some antihistamine so my body could recover without strain.  This morning it has settled right down and reminds me that: when the body perceives a threat, it is designed to act appropriately and quickly.  When the threat has passed, there is a brake that will be applied and, if that doesn't work, the brain perceives a new, internal threat and pushes higher.  If the internal threat is too great, all external threats will not register to the brain resulting in inertia and apathy, a seeming inability to function.  This is a normal and autonomic response to extreme internal threat and hopefully humanity is almost ready to know, accept and have some compassion for that now.  

There are ways to prepare the body for moments like these such as the things I've listed above that I'm doing for my body and that the oldest cultures have always known.  I'm so glad my culture has finally made a space for me to learn what it could not teach me about my own body mind and spirit. No more curry for me, I feel so blessed I got to try it once, it really was divine.  Now I'm off to learn about a 'raw diet' so my body has the best possible chance of healing.  This will not be about dieting though as I don't follow those.  It's about learning what my body needs from me in order for me to be at optimum health.

Onwards and upwards
June Parkin 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment