3 Mar 2016



A few years ago I watched the movie "The Bucket List" and decided to write up my own list.  I remember being asked about 12 years ago to write down 5 things I've always wanted to try but never been game to.  I'm pretty sure I ended up being the only person in the room who didn't want to bungee jump!  I wanted to sing in public, write a book and sit outside in an electrical storm.  Before that day I had no idea what I wanted because I did not have dreams or hopes for myself before then.  I had never dared to dream because life had hurt so much that I had buried my dreams too deep for me to find them.

In the past 12 years I have tried hundreds of new things, made many lists of dreams and crossed them all off too, I've done the kitbag them now.  When I started my 'bucket list' I aimed high: travel overseas, marry my soul mate, big things.  (Last year I married my soul mate so maybe I'll get overseas one day too).  

Today I realised I want to start a new list.  I want to make a list of miracles-the small, every day things that make me cry with gratitude each day now like hearing a song of love, being appreciated, feeling blessed, bird songs, frogs croaking me to sleep, spiders spinning webs away from where I walk, kangaroos and deer eating breakfast beside me, sleeping beside my husband, being a mum and Nanna, learning, spirituality and prayer, smiles, tears, hugs, children, my home, friends, soy chai latte, having no tv or electricity, driving, my heart, my mind, my soul, my brain, my body, good health, being broke, creativity, positivity, sunsets, and love.  All this and more makes it possible for me to truly cherish and appreciate every moment I have and I have dreamed of being able to do that for a very very long time.  I can now honestly say I am grateful to have had my world turned on its head so that I can finally see the blessings that are available in beingness.

Onwards and upwards
Jhundi P

No comments:

Post a Comment