28 Aug 2011

Trauma related behaviours

I feel so sad some times that the effects of trauma cause so much turmoil for survivors.  Even just the ability to be around other people or function as part of a group can be affected, making isolation more likely and sometimes, more desirable, to avoid conflict, ostracism, judgment, blame and feelings of inadequacy, fear, hurt or pain.

Sometimes, I long for a healed world where we can all live safely as one in peace and harmony with each other and all other living things (including animals and our environemnt.  Perhaps, as the brain doesn't kniow the difference between reality and fantasy, I can do visualisations of living in such a world and who knows, maybe if I invite others to visualise it often enough with me, we may even be able to create such a world.....I love being able to dream and hope, I went so long without it.

xoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment