10 Aug 2011

day 4

OMG, I thought each day would get easier but I am finding it more difficult every day - does that mean I am really giving up - like - is my brain trying to come to terms with this and throwing out all the stops to draw me back into the addiction?  I feel sorry for my brain coz it has learned to cope with extreme stress and trauma through nicotine and does not yet realise I have other means of coping.

No smoking in my dreams last night but I did have a dream 'cluster'.  I get cluster migraines - a combination of cluster headaches and migraine.  Last night, I got all of the emotions usually associated with clusters but not the pain (thank God). It had something to do with me being punished for quitting but not maliciously.  I got the feeling my guys are testing my resolve to see how serious I am and I am very ready to prove myself to them.
I'm feeling really bored too.  It's like all I had was smoking to keep me busy and I don't quite know what to do with myself without cigarettes.  I didn't expect that.  I knew I would struggle but I expected headaches, irritibility, anxiety and a hard to break habit but I didn't expect to be bored.  Last time I gave up, I was working full time shift work so I didn't notice.  oh well, onwards and upwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment