9 Jan 2013

Forgiving myself

I believe I've come a long way in the past decade. Where I once was afraid of everyone and everything (no exaggeration), I have learned to face and feel fear, to move through it and let it go and, I have learned to stop blaming others for my pain.

I always had thought of myself as being non-judgmental but as I began to discover who I really am, I soon realised I was very close-minded and very judgmental. I now own that most of my fears came from judging others. I was so afraid, I never gave anyone the chance to be nice or safe or even let them in. I feel sad that I robbed myself of so much but I also feel proud that I have learned and chosen to change that and now know the joy of true, unconditional love. Through focussing on people's hearts and not their actions, I have found great love for all humanity. I have prayed for those I once felt persecuted by and found things to be grateful to them for now. It's not to say I condone hurtful behaviour, I just understand it better and I choose to not make it the focus of my heart and mind. When I was focused on that, it made me fearful, angry, resentful and vengeful and that is not what I was born for.

I was born to love and be loved and I choose love. I choose to think lovingly, act lovingly and be loving and my heart now knows peace so I'm happy with my choice.

xxjxx

No comments:

Post a Comment