27 May 2014

Self care

Today I give thanks to all of the people on this planet who give other people pedicures.  In this world there are so many people like me who are in desperate need of more self care and have very liitle idea of how to begin and voila!! Some angel is just waiting to scrub, massage and bathe my tired, swollen legs and feet and see up close what I can't see needs doing from my lofty height above (5'4") and then take care of it for me, with a gentle, caring manner and a smile.  I made sure to tell that angel how awesome she is too, no wasted, unspoken compliment.  I truly appreciate the gift that girl has given me, along with the other gifts I received while I indulged in self care: the hairdresser who listened while I said "keep cutting", my bestie who waited patiently by for 4 hours, the lady who manicured my hands, the smiling staff that served me lunch, the bank teller who let me use her PC so I could get some work banking done, the smiling lad who rang up my groceries, the pleasant visitor I had this morning and my neighbour who moved her tradesman out of my way without hesitating.

As hard as it has been for me to self care without guilt (still not quite there), I feel very glad I had another go at it and God has seemingly smiled on me all day for doin it.  Next job is a good nights sleep so I can pay it forward tomorrow :-)

xxjxx

No comments:

Post a Comment