13 May 2014

Letter to my 45 year old self



Dear June

Don't quit, keep playing.  The hands of the maestro are entwined with yours.  The prayers you have uttered have always been heard and answered as you know and today's prayers are among them.  You strive so hard to balance service with self care and it's okay that you don't have it all worked out yet.  As you used to tell your own children, effort shows much more than achievement.  Please know that you are worthwhile and worthy, you always have been and the old, critical measuring stick is redundant and of no use.  Love yourself, be patient with yourself, believe in yourself.  You bestow all of these favours upon others constantly and you are worthy of al this from yourself too.  Be true to who you are and hold fast to God because it brings you such solace.  You are loving and loved and maybe not everyone likes you or understands you but "what other people think of you is none of your business" :-)

I know that you despair at times and sometimes feel alone and I've seen how beautifully attentive you've become of you inner family as well as to others, you've come so far from being the poor sad victim you were 10 years ago.  I'm so very proud of you and I'm cheering you on every moment.  I wish I could do more than give you emotional support but of course I won't rescue you either :-)

I saw how you recognised someone else coming from fear and simply decided to not buy into it but stayed with love and gently guided them away from fear too.  I was amazed at how seamlessly you did it this time, it really does seem to be easier each time you do it.  congratulations, I know you've been working hard at that.  Please remember always, you are never alone, angels, guides, your inner family, your God, inspiration, love, light, hope and faith are always with you just waiting for your invitation.  You are an incredible, phenomenal being and I love you.

xxjxx

No comments:

Post a Comment