6 Jul 2014

Feather or sledgehammer?

I was just reflecting on an option I have been presented with today and I was thinking "thanks God, for another sledgehammer" when I realised that I have known for quite some time where He wants me next and in my usual way,  have put a lot of energy into avoiding the issue. 

I know very well that I will go where God leads for I took that vow some time ago and I did not think for one minute that life would be easier because of it, I just know that I want to make that commitment. I also know that I have historically been a 'sledgehammer' kind of person - never really making life-changing decisions until I get a sledgehammer around the head aka feel forced to make a change.

Recently though, a friend spoke to me about feathers and I put out there at the time that I want to be a 'feather' kind of person and not the sledge hammer kind.  I want to use foresight instead of hindsight to accept the gifts and path that God gives me and let go of the strong attachment I've had to struggling, powerlessness and suffering.

I recognise that part of stepping into my own power is about letting go of the need to be forced, to choose my life willingly and be grateful for what comes to me.  

Here I am today feeling afraid and anxious of change again and all that it may mean; feeling scared and powerless again; the truth is, I have received another feather to lead me towards change, towards my purpose, and if I don't make a willing choice for myself, the sledgehammer is waiting in case I need it.  How much more self abuse do I need to indulge in before I retire that sledge?  

None.  

I am choosing the feather today.  

Today I will walk through the door to another life; a life of love, power and choice; a life of service and fulfilment; a life of giving and receiving; a life of learning and growing; a life committed to being all that I was created to be.

Today I will be grateful and am grateful for the feathers and I hereby retire my poor, worn out sledgehammer with love and grace.

Onwards and upwards.

xxjxx

No comments:

Post a Comment