26 Feb 2014

fear

I refuse to give fear any conscious power any more.  So much so that I am not even spelling it with a capital in the title here.

fear has been a constant companion of mine for as long as I can remember and over the past 3 years I have been trying to recognise it more quickly and feel the energy of it, to move through it as quickly as possible and let it go so I am free to feel love and joy instead.  It's not easy.  My brain has a very strong map for fear and at my age, my brain is loathe to create new maps, but it can and I am.  By doing one thing different, taking tiny, baby steps, I feel certain that change is happening.  It takes time and practice and I am determined, I believe I can do it so I know that I am.

Last night I was very steadfastly declaring how strongly I feel about exposing fear for what it is to me and wrapping it with love.  My new catchphrase for myself is "if it is not from love, it is fear".  I knew, even as I said it that I was sending out some sort of cosmic challenge by merely speaking those words and I am ready to pay the piper on this.  I want to BE love and I cannot do that if I stay in fear.  I have vowed to serve God and I cannot do that if I serve fear too.  I want to be humble and fear will keep humility from me so I have declared war on fear, peaceful, loving, resolute war.  It's funny to me this is the first time I have been able to think of any kind of war in a positive way.

And it is positive.  As I have been afraid of so much for so long, fear is a part of me like any other and I will therefore not abuse that.  I am committed to loving every part of myself unconditionally and finding a purpose for everything that makes me me.  I am now on a journey of discovering how I can love fear unconditionally, embrace it, love it forgive it and find a new role for it that works for all of me.

Today I could sense fear poking at me and I stood firm over and over again.  Each time I said "hey, that's fear, come back here.  God can you deal with this."  Each time, fear left defeated and each time, I felt more happy and strong.  Unfortunately I allowed my attention to wander and fear sneaked in and bit me again more sharply.  Then I was triggered and all my fear came screaming out through tears, anguish and self-hatred.  This is what fear does, it turns me against myself and others and takes me away from love, from being who I want to be.  This is fear and I am truly sorry for the pain I cause in my fear.  I have apologised and learned.  What happened to me today was a timely reminder to be vigilant and to love myself more.  That fear was able to take hold because I was not ready to take responsibility for what is mine and so I took responsibility for what is not mine.  I now know that I need to continue on as I do, loving, learning. Exploring and dreaming.

I need to acknowledge and accept where I'm at and keep moving forward one, tiny baby step at a time.  Sorry fear, love lives here and if you don't love, you are no longer squatting in me.  You have hereby been served notice.  You tenancy is up and I will not be renewing the lease.

I'm off now to sleep restfully and peacefully.  No fear.

xxjxx

No comments:

Post a Comment