14 Jun 2011

Angels among us

I heard a song back in 2006 called "Angels Among Us" by Randy Travis & Allan Jackson.  I found it quite by accident too.  I was looking for new music to listen too and I decided to search the word 'angel'.  No great miracle but the song was immediately a favourite and for months afterwards, whenever I felt afraid, that song would start playing in my head to comfort me (and it worked, every time).  If you want to hear the song, it is on you-tube.
I have been reminded of this song today by a very dear friend who called me all the way from the other side of the country just to say hello and let me know she cares.  I feel very grateful to her for her call coz I have been very isolated lately, with scarcely any money and my car off the road indefinitely.  There is a part of the song which goes..."when life held troubled times, and had me down on my knees, there's always been someone, to come along and comfort me.  A kind word from a stranger, to lend a helping hand, a phone call from a friend, just to say, I understand.  And aint it kinda funny, at the dark end of the road, that someone lights the way, with just a single ray of hope?"

Well, this song has helped me to believe there are angels among us.  In fact, I now believe that all people are angels helping each other.  Sometimes, they may behave in ways that I might not want to see as angelic and sometimes, I might even choose to believe their behaviour is cruel and hurtful but, looking back on my life and trauma, I can see how each person I have met (even the perpetrators) have aided me in some way - assisted me in coming to a place of unconditionality.  Oh, I'm not there yet and maybe I have a long way still to travel but I know I'm on the right road now and each person I have ever come into contact with (IRL or otherwise) has led me to love. 

I don't expect anyone to believe what I believe or to believe in what I believe in.  I just want to share my own faith and let the angels know, I believe, I love you and I am grateful to all you have given me.  My heart is so full of love and I promise to try my best to not judge others but to share the love I feel I've been given xoxoxojxoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment