10 Sept 2014

I am of the earth

The earth is my mirror and, like the earth, there is much about me than can be plainly seen and much about me that lies beneath, waiting to be discovered and explored.

Like earth, I can be easily moved in some ways and steadfastly immovable in others.  I have lofty mountain peaks covered in ice and fiery pools of passion deep within.  I rumble and belch my slights and explode into volcanic emotion when the pressure builds too high, sending out huge rivers of feeling into the air around me to be eventually cooled and hardened, sometimes taking years to recover and allow the pain to heal.  I bruise easily at times and soften murkily like a muddied pool in the rain.  At other times I can be as stark and unloving as a hot desert, as lush and productive as a tropical rainforest, as dark and gloomy as an underground cavern and still at other times as dim and mysterious as a moonlit field.  The rivers and streams of my feelings, thoughts, dreams and hopes meander mostly through me freely and with ease while there are dams and fiords still holding back the flow, man-made by pain, control and expectations set far too high.  Humanity has left marks upon me which I have borne in solid silence, seemingly powerless in the moment but strong enough and patient enough to wait and ponder on before allowing the wind to blow it all away, the rain to cleanse me and allow the new growths to sprout in hope, the promise of new beginnings.

The earth is my mirror and, like the earth, there is much about me than can be plainly seen and much about me that lies beneath, waiting to be discovered and explored.

Like earth, I can be neglected, abandoned, rejected, abused, violated, subjugated, controlled, manipulated, used, wounded and misunderstood.  I can also, like earth, be loved, nurtured, guided, supported, understood, cherished, nursed, recreated, celebrated and feted.  You can choose to work with me or against me and I will remain available in the capacity I can be with patience and love.  One thing is for certain:

The earth is my mirror and, like the earth, there is much about me than can be plainly seen and much about me that lies beneath, waiting to be discovered and explored.

xxjxx

No comments:

Post a Comment