13 Jan 2014

Birthday wishes for myself

This year, I will be 45. That's 315 in dog years!! Wow!!

Mr Google once informed me that every cell in my body is replaced every 7-10 years and I have not dreaded birthdays since!  Just to imagine that I am never older than 7 is fascinating to me and, I now look at each age very differently and creatively than I used to.

According to my creative calculations, that makes me 4 again this year if I count the years from conception up :-).  I like to look back for patterns, lessons learned and unlearned.  For example, the first time my cells had existed for 6 years (my 5th birthday), I started my education.  Then 7 years later, at 12, I entered secondary education.  7 more years later, at 19, I entered a relationship with my future husband which was also an education.  7 more years down the track (26), I entered adult education for the first time at TAFE. 7 years later, at 33, I began my healing journey which has been an incredible , necessary, life-changing education.  7 years after that at 42, I applied for the job I have now which has been and continues to be very educational. At each stage, I have learned some profoundly new and helpful things and recognised some patterns I had not previously learned from and was therefore continuing to repeat.  I can only imagine what 49 will bring, almost certainly, another year of learning in preparation for my future.

Right now though, I am getting ready to celebrate 45, (4 again) and I must say, my 4 year old self is quite excited at what plans I can come up with to celebrate my new 4th birthday.  Right now, the most obvious pattern I see is that 4, 11,18, 25, 31, 38 (the other times my cells were 4) were all hugely pivotal years for me so I imagine this year will be too.  Now I'm off to look for the pattern of what I still need to learn that I hadn't learned last time my body turned 4.

Happy birthday to me

xxjxx

No comments:

Post a Comment