30 Apr 2012

♋ Please God? ♋

As much as I am sure that God has faith in me & I in God, faith is easily tested and prayers can be forgotten in moments of trial. I believe it is those very moments when hardship threatens to overwhelm that faith has been created for and vice versa.

In her song "held" Natalie Grant sings that "the promise was, when everything fell we'd be held". I believe that too. Not for me a human God who would do nothing while I suffered! No, my God held me through the suffering so that I WOULD survive it. My God showed me seemingly tiny miracles that I refused to see. My God believed in me even when I turned away and my God shone Light into the blackest blackness to call me home again. My God gave me the one thing so long ago that could make me fight to win - my children and, my God fought beside me when I began to lose the battle.

I never knew any of that at the time and I was not ready to know. I am now, and I know God still carries me across every bridge, still walks with me through the deepest agonies, still loves me without any strings attached and I love my God. As I weather another storm and ride another wave of doubt, my God cries out through the darkness of my humanity to call my soul into the light, and I will follow willingly, for now I'm ready to be who I am created to be and my faith is pure and unbreakable - I love you God and I will follow you wherever you lead xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment